Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Baby Blanket, Pillow and Spread



We had been planning a surprise get together of frens for the Best Buddy for a long time, to wish them luck before the most important day of their lives... I had also been trying to stitch nice stuffs for her, as iam really really excited about she expecting, this is going to be my first hand experience of being a local Masi to a Kid... many of my friends have had kids by now, but most of them have been in pics alone, this kid is going to be the first one to whom i will be the active local Masi :) ...  


I wanted to make something special for this kiddo.. i have always loved the idea of sets of clothing's, or accessories, or add ons for kids, matching boots and mittens, matching bibs and mittens etc, and my favorite of it all has been a well matched set of Baby pillow, blanket and spread. I had this fabric, which i guess was not enough but , was a neat combination to try out this set, so eventough i was sure i didnt have enough fabric, i went ahead and made this cute looking set, 







Baby Blanket : 36*40 inches 
Baby Spread : 30*36 inches
Baby Pillow : 12*16 inches



I did some random patchwork to make the stuff look cool, and iam pretty impressed with the outcome of my first set. Manna also loved it and i was super happy, she was a sweetheart to mend a few stitches that were wearing out, but overall it was a happy ending... :)

3 comments:

  1. Hi!
    thx for ur comment! I'm glad u like the indian touch!
    u have a cool blog!
    kisses from Spain,
    s

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh thats very pretty! You are so creative..Will come back to see more such pieces here !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. so good to see you here Rekha! Havnt had the time to sew for a long time. THanks for almost telling me to do it again :)

      Delete